Benu Aggarwal of Milestone Internet Marketing interviewed Rajesh Srivastava, GPM (principal group programming manager) of Bing Webmaster – Search Ecosystem. Rajesh shares his insights on why Bing is emerging as the most exciting and unique “decision” search engine for travel and small businesses.
|View full screen mode by clicking on video|
The following are several bullet points on why Bing is a cutting-edge decision engine:
- Most comprehensive coverage on the Internet – user friendly for decision queries, long phrase searches
- Bing offers the most relevant content for what you want to do and is organized in a simpler way that makes sense to the users.
- Travel – Bing gives traveler reviews, booking information, and details about a specific hotel. Bing is a decision engine, not just a search engine, because it helps travelers stay informed and further ahead in the decision process.
What can small businesses do to rank high organically in universal search on Bing?
- Look at the traffic that is coming to your site and make sure you are converting.
- Search on Bing for the Bing Local Listing Center and take control of your listing -make sure the content is fresh, accurate, and your profile is updated with phone numbers and URLs. Deliver a complete user experience!
- Take advantage of Social Media – Blogs, Twitter, YouTube Videos, etc. – as these impact your linking strategy.
- Design your website and content for the user experience and target your market audience – mobile users, social media fans, etc. If you offer a better experience, it will help with visibility in the search engines.
- Measure Return on Investment for organic search on Bing – initiate the user to your website and then measure the entry points (organic, social media, or paid search) and conversion rates. Make browsers into users of your service!
- Register in the Bing Webmaster Center – enter your website, site map, and email address. Bing Webmaster works as a liaison between search engines and the content owners/publishers, and offers unique features like outbound links, back links, and SEO toolkits (real-time reports) which are not available in other Webmaster centers.
- Engage the Bing Webmaster – If there’s a feature you want, ask for it! Give them feedback on what they can improve and be transparent. They love to hear from you.
Contributed by: Benu Aggarwal, Milestone Internet Marketing