Bulldog Reporter Session: Social Media PR for Travel Destinations
Session: Creating a Powerful Social Media Marketing Plan for Destinations
Social media has become one of the most dominant forces in marketing travel destinations—and it’s growing more important every day. But in order to fulfill its amazing potential for increasing traveler loyalty and engagement, positive press coverage, website traffic, and sales, your social campaign must be methodically planned. Discover how to set realistic goals and how these goals will determine where to focus your precious resources and how much to spend on each of the major (and minor) social networks. In addition, you’ll learn how to integrate social media efforts into your traditional public relations, and you’ll discover the most reliable ways to measure the effects of your social media PR.
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Time: 10AM – 11AM PST
- What can social media accomplish . . . and what can it not accomplish
- How social media affects travel decisions and purchases and how you must tap into those trends
- How to use what’s being said in social media to pick the right tools for your social media program
- The value of a page-one Google ranking—what it does for your traffic—and how to earn a page-one ranking
- How to track mentions of your destination in social media conversations—and how to do it before you start your campaign planning
- How to determine which bloggers to target and which to ignore
- Essential elements of an integrated social media/PR/marketing plan
- Benu Aggarwal, President, Milestone Internet Marketing
- Amy Kemp, Communications Director, Vail Resorts
- Diana Plazas, Marketing Director, Doubletree Hotels
To Register, click here.