How to Start and Grow a User Generated Community
Speaker: Paul Edmonson, Hub Pages
In this session of PubCon Las Vegas, Paul Edmonson of Hub Pages discussed the key factors that are involved in starting and growing a user generated community. The top 5 factors are listed below:
- Have a Partner – different strengths and support structure.
- Money – it takes time to build a community.
- Build a good, rewarding service that people will use.
- Marketing must pay back – establish value metrics and maximize the channels that produce.
- Everyday – take care of your business, treat the community well, enforce rules, show up every day, improve.
Conclusion: The key take away from this session is to remember that it takes time and effort to build a user generated community that will be successful and entice users to stay and interact on your website.
Contributed by: Kate Rasmussen, Milestone Internet Marketing