Pinterest – a virtual pinboard that lets you organize and share images linked to the source of the image — continues to engage large numbers of people.
With its fast-growing popularity, reaching over 320 million unique visitors as of January 2020 and surpassing the 100 million unique visitors mark more quickly than any website in history, it is not surprising to see that marketers are quickly thinking of creative ways to leverage this virtual pinboard site to improve their online marketing strategies.
Here are 5 ideas how hoteliers can leverage this virtual pinboard to enhance their hotel’s online marketing strategy.
- Run a contest promoting guests’ pinboards that showcase the reasons they enjoyed their stay at your hotel and reward the pin that received the most repins or likes.
- Create several pinboards to showcase your hotel’s unique selling points, highlight amenities, share current specials and packages, or highlight things to do or places to visit in your local area. Make sure to hyperlink these images to the actual page dedicated on your website.
- Use it as a guest review service – a great way to get customer feedback on hotel offerings is by posting images of the hotel, amenities, and services and ask guests and followers to share their opinion about these in the comment section.
- Encourage guests to pin their own pictures of their stay at the property and hyperlink the images to the hotel website. Hotels can also create a unique board specifically for guest pictures and repin these images on this board.
- Make sure to add the “Pin It’ button to your blog and photo gallery pages to encourage guests to share your photos and drive traffic back to your site
- TechCrunch.com, “Pinterest Hits 10 Million U.S. Monthly Uniques Faster Than Any Standalone Site Ever -comScore “, http://techcrunch.com/2012/02/07/pinterest-monthly-uniques/
- Mashable, “5 Ways Brands Can Use Pinterest to Boost Consumer Engagement”, http://mashable.com/2012/01/10/pinterest-business-consumer-engagement/
Next, we recommend reading other marketing-related articles for hotel:
2021 Hotel Strategies to Increase Traffic and Revenue
Top 5 Digital Metrics for Hotels
Building Your Hotel’s Digital Presence with Google My Business
8 Amazing Hotel Promotion Ideas for Holiday 2020 and 2021
Contact us at +1 408-200-2211 or email us at [email protected]