Back to Posts List

PPC Beyond Search: New Ad Formats, Display, and Social

Aug 24, 2011   |   Web Design and Promotion
Add to Bookmarks
PPC Beyond Search

SES San Francisco 2011Retargeting is a way to improve conversions. Retargeting works by keeping track of people who visit your site and then displaying your ads to them as they visit other sites. Only 2% of users convert on the first visit; retargeting recaptures the other 98%.

Yahoo Smart Ads personalize and optimize each ad to each user, enabling us to deliver on our marketing objectives which will help awareness, engagement and conversion. A recent study conducted by the Yahoo! team showed a 2300% increase in conversion. To run a successful campaign, focus on these areas:

  1. Data Quality
  2. Creative Quality
  3. Attribution Modeling
  4. Ecosystem
  5. Budget
  6. Patience

Different Targeting methods:

  1. Site Placement
  2. Demo Targeting
  3. Behavioral Targeting
  4. Search Retargeting
  5. Site Retargeting

Facebook PPC

  1. Goals: What is the objective for the campaign? The goal can be generating leads, Likes, Engagement, ROI etc.
  2. Target: Who is your target audience? Who do you want to engage with your ads? If you don’t target right audience, the campaigns might not be successful. You might end up spending more money without any ROI.
  3. Creative: Creative is one of the major reasons for Facebook ppc to work so well. If you have strong creative elements, then the campaigns would help generate better ROI and leads. Change the image and make minor changes to the text to be more successful.
  4. Measure Results & test: Measure the performance of the ads on a weekly basic and make minor changes for the campaigns to be more effective. Constantly testing the results is the only way to make the campaigns a big success.

Try retargeting and display advertising for clients who have the budget and a clear goal in mind. The same rule applies for Facebook paid search too. Constantly keep testing all these three marketing paths for a successful campaign.

SES San Francisco 2011 Session: “PPC Beyond Search: New Ad Formats, Display, and Social” speakers:
Antony Chen, Sr. Product Manager, Optimization Solutions, Yahoo!
Dax Hamman, Chief Revenue Officer, Chango
Siddharth Shah, Senior Director, Business Analytics, Efficient Frontier

Contributed by: Justin Varghese, ROI Manager, Milestone Internet Marketing

Related Articles
Building Your Hotel’s Digital Presence with Google My Business
Seizing opportunities with the Core Vitals Update