15 top Fun Facts about Reviews, Comments and Blogs – Pubcon 2011
- Look at every single entry point of your business and see where you have opportunity to get reviews
- 92% of the time keyword associated with reviews is always second and third place in Google Instant. People want to know reviews before making a purchase decision.
- 63% of B2B consumers always use reviews to make decision
- 8 out of 10 IT decision makers said the word of month recommendation is very important before making any decision
- Unfiltered reviews Matter a lot.
- 9 out of 10 buyers say that they will find you when they need you. Reviews helps build longer but trusted purchase cycle
- Comments are things. Commenting is an action that you can take on other sites and can benefit you and your business. You need a commenting strategy
- Things to avoid in your commenting strategies – Avoid spending time on your site to leave reviews, commenting on your site.
- Things to follow- You need attention from your potential customer- how? Do answer their questions and you will get attention
10. You need attention from Journalists – How? Be kind, be helpful and be smart and they will give you reviews, comments..
11. Muckrack.com, meetup.com and also google and linkedin groups are great place to find relevant people you are interested in your product/services and you can engage in building reviews, comments about your products.
12. In the end, look for people who wants to buy rather than trying to sell and answer they basic FAQs. This helps in telling customer why they should do business with you.
13. Some tactics for pros to get more reviews – Engage with post purchase surveys, Find your evangelist, Don’t Fake, Don’t keep begging for reviews if you get no response
14. Review tool – Review-Script.com and www.bazaarvoice.com
15. Giving channels to people to leave reviews on your site, and other review site
UGC is very vital part of purchase cycle. Creating ways to generate more reviews are beneficial for every business.