Milestone founder Benu Aggarwal recently interviewed Brian Lewis from Engine Ready during the PPC Summit in Los Angeles, California. In this video, Brian gave us some hard-hitting tips that help businesses improve their results from paid campaigns.
|View full screen mode by clicking on video|
We provide a few proven PPC strategies that will help your business achieve its search marketing goals:
- Businesses should set goals and objectives before starting paid campaigns. Goals should be SMART (specific, measureable, attainable, relevant and time bound – whether it be lead generation or e-commerce.)
- In terms of PPC architecture, it is essential to create a proper list of keyword phrases – broad and exact – and see how each can be beneficial to your marketing. If you are using broad phrases, have a well built out list of negative keywords to avoid unqualified traffic.
- Geo-Targeting campaigns gives your company the flexibility and competitiveness to take advantage of regional markets!
- Identify the day and time of when your campaigns perform best so you can schedule your ads, bid more aggressively, and tightly manage your PPC campaigns.
- Do PPC Testing – Test ad creative, landing pages, and do A/B testing despite your sample size.
- Do you know what impacts Quality Score? Quality score defines how much you pay for a click. Quality Score is impacted by the relevancy of your ad creative and landing pages, how quickly a landing page loads, and the bounce rate.
In summary, maximizing and optimizing your PPC campaigns will have a significant impact on your leads and conversion rates. Small businesses can take advantage of PPC campaigns by identifying “SMART” goals, using relevant keyword phrases for ad creative, geo-targeting, day parting your campaigns, managing Quality Score through ad creative/landing pages, and by active PPC testing.
Contributed by: Benu Aggarwal, Milestone Internet Marketing