The Don Cesar is a Florida based Independent Luxury hotel that recently enlisted Milestone to revamp their website and to implement an omnichannel digital marketing strategy including paid marketing, local search, and social media marketing.
- As part of an omnichannel strategy, The Don Cesar saw a 20:1 Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- A new website boosted the desktop page speed score from an F at 11 to an A at 98, significantly above their highest competitor at a D with 66
- Their mobile score went from 11 to 90, and far above their highest competitor at 51
- Keywords ranked on pages 1-3 increased by 42%
- Website page views up 175%, time on site up 65%, sessions up 24% with new website and bounce rate down 25%
- Social channel visits up 66%
The Omnichannel Strategy:
- Target user demographics
- Segment the Audience
- Improve website performance with new platform (CMS?)
- Redesign Website redesign with focus on design and speed
- Identify correct keywords
- Utilize social channels and paid media
The first step was for Milestone’s team to analyze the digital presence of the hotel in order to understand their high value customer profile. Milestone analyzed the hotel’s audience and found many patterns that were critical to properly segmenting and planning the campaign:
- Over 33% of click volume was female
- 12% of click-though was in the 35-44-year-old age group.
Armed with these insights we increased our bids for key words attracting women by 20% and reduced bids for keywords for lesser engaged audiences of 18-24 year olds. By implementing demographic targeting we could improve conversion rates to drive higher returns. As part of the paid campaign implementation, Milestone:
- Focused on consistency of messaging across all channels of communication and optimized messaging by device-type enhancing user experience and relevance.
- Leveraged customer reviews from TripAdvisor and included the top hotel related keywords from TripAdvisor in the ad copy.
- Used website user interaction to understand user intent. We created smart retargeting lists based on the pages visited and showed audiences ads dependent on their intent. For example, for users who visited the accommodation pages but did not complete a reservation we presented a room special. If a user visited the specials page, we offered complimentary round-trip airport transfers in a Rolls Royce.
- reservation we presented a room special. If a user visited the specials page, we offered
Elements of the segmented and personalized campaign management included:
- A Remarketing List with customized ad messaging based on intent and user type
- Conversion Optimizer enablement: Leveraged Google AdWords to acquire the most conversions possible at a defined target cost per acquisition
- Keyword matching: Identified the top 20% keywords driving 80% of revenue to different match types
- Ad Parting: Scheduled ads for a time of day with higher conversions
Website Performance and Local Search:
- Page Speed: Page speed is a critical factor in search engine ranking. Google recommends a score of 85. Milestone’s improvements took the Don Cesar website from a score of 11 to a score of 98.
- Content: Research the appropriate keywords and developed relevant content for the targeted audiences.
- Ensured consistent Name, Address, Phone Number and URL (UNAP) across all channels. This is important for search results and backlinking. Critical channels for hospitality, such as Yelp and TripAdvisor, had missing or incorrect information.
- Increased Social Presence since Social and behavioral metrics are gaining importance for search results.
Drive higher ROI with segmentation & personalization
Milestone’s ability to map user intent, to show the right message at the right time to the right audience utilizing paid media was critical in determining the success of OmniChannel Strategy.
Milestone’s team of experts work with over 2,000 clients to help navigate the rapidly evolving digital marketing space. Send us an email at [email protected] or call us at +1 408 200 9055 with your questions or comments.