Case study property: InterContinental Toronto Centre
This 4-star upscale property is located in a very competitive market and needed a strategy to increase their brand awareness and market reach, luckily Milestone is very experienced with a variety of brands. Milestone helped the property just do so by leveraging social media and the power of engaging content to drive new Facebook likes, increase fans and followers, and drive traffic to the property’s website.
In addition, this social media marketing campaign also helped the property increase its email contact database as an email address was required in order to submit an entry.
What Milestone did:
- Designed and hosted a custom Facebook App for the hotel that includes an entry form with fields that provide invaluable insight into the entrants,
- A confirmation page that encouraged social sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and via email,
- Content created for hotel search engine optimization, engagement and search visibility,
- Multi-language application for English and French,
- Optimized for mobile devices,
- Action-gated with required fields such as name and email address,
- Ran Facebook display advertisements,
- Facebook promoted posts,
- Networked with travel directories/sweepstakes,
- Cross-promotion on other social networks such as Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.
The campaign ran for 10 weeks, giving away weekly awards for a repeat engagement, and generated the following results:
- Clicks: 10,950
- Increase in likes: 7,980 new fans (increasing the existing lifetime fanbase by 1,995%.)
- Total unique entrants: 3802 (email addresses)
- Increase in social visits (compared to the previous year):
- 97.3% increase in social referrals
- 303.5% increase in contributed social conversions (click to booking engine)
See more hotel case studies and success stories.