Social media is all about empowering users. It’s not the technology, it’s about letting people have a voice and communicate with each other.
Designing Social Media Strategy:
- Listen – Conversation mining helps marketers promote and protect their brands
First know what you want to know i.e. How are people feeling about your brand?
- Engage – Once you know how are people feeling about your brand, involve in the conversation and convey people in the direction you want them to be
- Report – Use tools to track results and define strategy based on the results
The challenging area of social media is to measure the traffic. Here are some tips on social media measurement.
- Before measuring the traffic, we should start looking at the sites that were about our main keywords
- Rank the influencers on the sites. How often do they blog on a topic? What is their reach?
- Start tracking those sites by looking for referral logs, using ComScore Conversation Media Category, or letting Google do it for us.
Contributed by: Thanika Smavatkul, Milestone Internet Marketing