Conversion Ninja Toolbox
Tim Ash from SiteTuners did a solo presentation on Usability Testing and conversion toolbox at the Search Engine Strategies Conference in Chicago. The session was moderated by Tracey Falke of Freestyle Interactive.
Five different services/tools are available for conversion testing:
1. Crazy Egg: In-page web analytics – shows you mouse heatmap, click path etc.
2. ClicTale: Israeli company; in-page web analytics and user monitoring.
- user session recording & playback (with downloading)
- click heatmaps with adjustable overlay
- advanced link analytics
- advanced form analytics
- historical archiving of data (up to 60 days)
3. Usertesting.com: online usability testing – shows you actual problem uninterested view had with the site.
4. Crossbrowsertesting.com: How the site looks on different browsers.
5. Attentionwizard.com: Sitetuner product – Produces heat map based on site layout. Works with live/ image. Just upload the site (image). It will produce heat map showing where visitors will click on the page.
A few other tools:
- Browsersize.GoogleLabs.com – cool heatmap tool
- Mockflow is a free tool used to create wireframes
- Website Optimizer helps do multivariate testing
- Kampyle – Feedback analytics tool – lets you get feedback from audience.
- Loop11 - software helps with usability testing
Effective use of any or all of these tools allows you to continually test what you are publishing and make changes accordingly.