1) Create a starter KW list – Keyword that actually describe the business
2) Refine the list
4) Rinse and Repeat
Couple of other things we can focus on:
- Analytics – Which keywords are driving traffic to the website
- Web server logs – See which search queries pulled 404 pages
- Audience – Who is the right audience, are we serving the right niche.
- Ask and NOT Assume – Ask you audience by looking at review etc.
- Include local keywords and language or terms, this can be effective
- C stands for Categorize
Other ideas to find the right keywords are:
- SQR Reports, if already ppc was running – As this report shows what queries the impressions showed up for.
- Keyword retargeting via Display
- Include keywords which drive conversion
- Look at competitors and see what they are already
Tools to keyword other than google adwords and bing are:
- Raven kwrd insights
- Yahoo clues
- Youtube keyword search tool
- Blekko – More useful for outside us
- Opensiteexplorer – Anchor text report
Conclusion: Use all these tools to find the right keywords and then monitor what competition is doing to find the best keywords and using these keyword generate content around it.
Speakers: Wil Reynolds, Craig Paddock, Carolyn Shelby, Mark Barrera
Moderator: Joe Laratro
Contributed by – Justin Varghese, ROI Manager, Milestone Internet Marketing Inc.