Building a social media strategy
With social media it is important to have realistic goals. Follow the plan below to create a proper goal and set expectations right.
Social Media Stage One
- Who are your customers
- What are their needs?
- Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Feeds, blogs etc.
- Promote on the right channels to achieve the channels
Social Media Stage two
- Goals – What does the business want to achieve with social media?
- Plan to achieve the goals – Setup up monthly goals and checkpoints to see if you are on track.
Social Media Stage three
- What are you doing with the metrics you get from social channels? For example if you have Facebook followers, what are we doing with them? Measure to take actions accordingly.
- Build the brand
- Increase presence
- Increase conversions and traffics.
Some of the most important metrics to measure on Facebook and twitter are:
- No of fans
- Number of interactions
- No of mentions
- Use of discount codes
- FB email response
- No of followers
- No of retweets
- No of click throughs
Some of the tools:
Hootsuite and Radion6 are some of the tools which can give all these engagement metrics.
Conclusion: Sit back and analyze the how you are doing your social campaigns. Define a proper goal and try to meet the goals in certain time frame with monitoring spend and time.
Speakers: Jennifer Evans Cario
Contributed by – Justin Varghese, ROI Manager, Milestone Internet Marketing Inc.