It is important to make sure while doing mobile paid search campaigns, we target the ads towards the right audience and devices, as well as have the right combination of ad copy, keywords, and landing page to make it generate ROI. Here’s a checklist of how you can ensure that your mobile paid search campaigns run successfully:
1) To do a mobile campaign, it is best to have a website which is compatible with mobile devices. Customize the ads and drive traffic to relevant pages of the website.
2) What devices are you targeting? It is important to make sure that, the ads are targeted to the devices.
3) Make sure the ads have click to calls setting turned on. By enabling this feature, a customer using mobile device who finds the ad, can click and call the business for direct conversion.
4) Segment the data to see which Devices are helping you convert.
5) Segment the data to see which click type helped you convert. If you see the screenshot, the “Mobile Clicks to call” generated 14 calls to the business by spending $2.32.
6) On Google Analytics, see what devices are driving traffic and converting. If you don’t see conversions from devices, eliminate the ads from those devices from Ad words account.
Make sure the mobile campaigns are setup properly. Analyze the performance on a regular basis by using segment features on Google Adwords and Google Analytics and increase the ROI.
Contributed by Justin Varghese, ROI Manager