The Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District is a contemporary urban hotel located in the heart of downtown Philadelphia. Search trends continue to evolve and search engines continuously update their algorithm to adapt to these changes. The most recent updates include Google’s Hummingbird, Panda, and Penguin updates. In order for the hotel to continue to perform well online, Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District worked closely with Milestone to revamp its hotel website design and updated its search engine optimization to ensure continued online performance success.
The property worked with Milestone Internet Marketing to enhance the hotel’s web presence and performance by updating the website design to a contemporary look and responsive structure. The content was also refreshed to ensure optimization for the latest search and usability guidelines. New marketing initiatives were also launched to further promote the new website.
Milestone’s strategy included the following steps:
- Designed the hotel website with a contemporary look and feel,
- Programmed the hotel website to be responsive to capture traffic and provide ease of use for 3 types of platforms – desktop, tablet, mobile,
- Promoted the site on several online directories to boost search visibility,
- Enhancement of local business profiles (such as Google+ business profile), listings, and citations by making sure accurate and consistent URL, Name, Address, and Phone Number (UNAP) info is available,
- Social media optimization and promotion,
- And paid search promotion to expand marketing reach.
The website went live in February 2014 and already saw amazing results. Year-over-year comparison shows (March – May 2014 vs. 2013):
- Increased revenue by 975%
- Increased unique visits by 109%
- Increased visits from Google Places by 335%
Click here to learn more about Milestone’s services and how we can drive traffic and direct bookings for your hotel!
Lauren Adams, Product Marketing Specialist
Nelson Toriano, Sr. eStrategist / Team Lead