Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza in River North is a full-service property offering 521 newly redesigned, upscale guestrooms and suites highlighting premium views of the Chicago skyline. The property was in need of a website that, not only showcased the hotel’s upscale accommodations, but also performed well on search engines in order to drive more online traffic and revenue for the property.
Milestone’s Hotel Website Design Strategy
The property worked closely with Milestone Internet Marketing to update the hotel’s online performance by designing and developing a technology driven, content optimized hotel website following the latest search engine optimization and social guidelines. The website was developed with several goals in mind, including optimizing the site for search, mobile, social media, and conversion. Milestone’s strategy includes the following steps:
- Visual and responsive hotel website design to provide a user friendly experience for visitors from all devices (desktop, tablet, mobile),
- In-depth keyword research and well-defined web strategy,
- Write content and metadata with hotel search engine optimization guidelines in mind,
- Developed the website on GalexiTM CMS 6.0 – Milestone’s sophisticated content management system platform optimized for search, mobile, social, and conversion,
- Integration of social media sharing and navigation features to expand marketing reach and increase social audience and engagement,
- Partnered the website with a comprehensive SEO and local promotion strategy and paid search marketing initiatives,
- Used Naptune local listing management tool for hotels to enhance and manage the property’s profile on the local ecosystem.
Amazing Hotel Website Results
Since the new site went live in early February 2014, the website has seen the following results (Feb – April 2014 vs 2013):
- $300K in additional revenue within 3 months
- 70% increase in website traffic YOY
- 314% increase in mobile traffic YOY
- 40X average monthly ROI since site live
To learn more about Milestone’s award winning marketing for hospitality and tourism brands click here.
Teresa Villaruz, Sr. Marketing Manager
Stormie Barella, eStrategist