The Days Inn Chicago is a boutique Wyndham hotel located in the heart of the downtown Chicago area. The property is located in a very competitive market with a hotel located on every corner. Milestone Internet Marketing worked closely with the property to develop a vanity website following sophisticated search and usability guidelines to ensure continued online performance success.
Milestone’s Strategy: Milestone used a combination of responsive hotel website design with a robust site architecture, optimization including metadata and schemas for search, local search marketing and organic promotion, and social media marketing to drive traffic and revenue.
Milestone’s strategy included the following steps:
- Development of responsive website design to target various search platforms – desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Implementation of robust site architecture keeping search optimization, usability, and conversion as top priorities.
- Programming the site on Milestone’s search-optimized CMS Galexi™. The platform allows hotels to manage their desktop, tablet, and mobile sites in a single integrated platform. It also is optimized for semantic search with the ability to implement 40+ schema tags.
- Integrating social sharing to drive user engagement and improve social signals.
- Manage the property’s local search listings to ensure accuracy and consistency of hotel information.
- Promoted the site on key directories and data aggregators to drive relevancy and improve search visibility.
- Social media marketing and promotion to expand their reach on social channels.
Outstanding Results: Milestone’s well-defined hotel marketing strategy had amazing results for Days Inn Chicago despite the competitive Chicago market. Year-over-year comparison shows (2014 vs. 2013):
- Revenue increased by 295%
- Additional 100K in website revenue
- Visitors increased by 692%
- Sent to booking engine rate increased by 791%
- Monthly average ROI of 35x
“A few years ago I underwent extensive research to find a firm to build a new website for us. Though we had an ongoing relationship with an industry leader that had built our site in the past and provided other services, it was time to research other firms. We had already started working with social media, but I only now learned the importance of having a strategy that went hand in hand with our website design and promotion. I picked Milestone and have been very happy with my choice. We purchased the entire package – website design & promotion and social media optimization.
Milestone truly understands our industry, and takes an integrated approach to electronic marketing. In addition, Milestone continuously improves and expands its products and stays current in this quickly changing digital age. Milestone products and support enable us to manage our website and social media as much or little as we want. Quarterly ROI calls continue to show us the tremendous impact these products and services have on business. Dedicated Milestone representatives work closely with us to constantly achieve new goals and keep everything current. I’ve been extremely happy with Milestone – whether one needs help starting a small eCommerce Campaign or is looking to develop a more extensive strategy I’m happy to recommend them to anybody!”
– Stefanie Hrejsa, General Manager at Days Inn Chicago
Click here to learn more about Milestone’s services and how we can drive traffic and direct bookings for your hotel!
Lauren Adams, Product Marketing Specialist
Dan Kipp, Sr. eStrategist / Team Lead