Get SMART PPC Tactics-Milestone Interview with Brian Lewis from Engine Ready
Milestone founder Benu Aggarwal recently interviewed Brian Lewis from Engine Ready during the PPC Summit in Los Angeles, California. In this video, Brian gave us some hard-hitting tips that help businesses improve their results from paid campaigns.
|View full screen mode by clicking on video|
We provide a few proven PPC strategies that will help your business achieve its search marketing goals:
- Businesses should set goals and objectives before starting paid campaigns. Goals should be SMART (specific, measureable, attainable, relevant and time bound – whether it be lead generation or e-commerce.)
- In terms of PPC architecture, it is essential to create a proper list of keyword phrases – broad and exact – and see how each can be beneficial to your marketing. If you are using broad phrases, have a well built out list of negative keywords to avoid unqualified traffic.
- Geo-Targeting campaigns gives your company the flexibility and competitiveness to take advantage of regional markets!
- Identify the day and time of when your campaigns perform best so you can schedule your ads, bid more aggressively, and tightly manage your PPC campaigns.
- Do PPC Testing – Test ad creative, landing pages, and do A/B testing despite your sample size.
- Do you know what impacts Quality Score? Quality score defines how much you pay for a click. Quality Score is impacted by the relevancy of your ad creative and landing pages, how quickly a landing page loads, and the bounce rate.
In summary, maximizing and optimizing your PPC campaigns will have a significant impact on your leads and conversion rates. Small businesses can take advantage of PPC campaigns by identifying “SMART” goals, using relevant keyword phrases for ad creative, geo-targeting, day parting your campaigns, managing Quality Score through ad creative/landing pages, and by active PPC testing.
Contributed by: Benu Aggarwal, Milestone Internet Marketing