SEO year 2011 and trends 2012
- Site quality vs Page quality (Panda Update)
- Human/Social Engagement signals
- # of facebook shares
- # of tweets
- # of fb shares, likes and comments
- Brute force is dead -Unnatural anchor text can hurt you
- Extreme Localization
Major trends to watch out for in search marketing in coming months.
- Massive company effect
- Platform Automation
- Efficient Frontier
- Adobe/Omniture Search Center
- Multi Channel Search
- Social (youtube, facebook, twitter)
- Social Signal in search
- Interaction of a user with social channels is very high, way more than search.
- Search results are effected by social signals and activities
- Content Marketing
- Everyone is a publisher
- 3 trillion web pages online
- All types of content are relevant – Articles, UGC, blog, news etc.
- Mobile clicks to hit 20% search clicks next yer
- 30% businesses have increased budget by atleast 50%
- A half of local search is performed on mobile devices.
- Analytics reporting might be a hit as countries are applying cookie policies.
- Retargeting and Display advertisement might be hit
Keep an eye on the new expected trends and develop online marketing strategy accordingly and stay ahead of your competition.
Speakers: Dan Boberg, Greg Boser.
Contributed by – Justin Varghese, ROI Manager, Milestone Internet Marketing Inc.