Getting More AdWords Exposure
What are Sitelink Extensions:
- Sitelink Extensions are four additional links to deeper content on your website
- Each extension can have a maximum of 35 characters
- Google only shows 4 extensions for the top three ads, although you can setup upto 10 sitelink extensions per campaign
Why Use Sitelink Extensions:
- Sitelinks extend the value of your ads by providing additional relevant links for users.
- Tracking each sitelinks provides information into what package or perks are converting. Results?
- Sitelink extensions have a lower average cost-per-click and much higher CTR compared to the campaign.
What are Location Extensions:
- Location Extensions allow you to attach your business address and phone number to your ad
- Location Extensions only appear when the ad is in one of the top three positions.
Why Use Location Extensions:
- Location extensions have a higher CTR than the campaign and can be tracked
- Raise awareness to the user who may be close to physically visit the hotel
- Useful for hotels with multiple locations running under one campaign. Google will pick the location extension that you have set up that matches closest to the users search
We have seen that effective use of sitelink and location extensions drive relevant traffic from paid campaigns and provide a higher ROI. All advertisers should take advantage of these opportunities to drive quality traffic to your website from paid search campaigns.
Contributed by: Amanda Brinkerhoff & Justin Varghese, Milestone Internet Marketing