Google Caffeine – Google’s Next Generation Architecture
Caffeine update is Google new initiative of re-architecting/ rewriting their search index. Google has opened a beta caffeine for power user to get some feedback. We recently attended SES San Jose where Matt Cutts and several other google guys talked about the index. In nutshell, caffeine updates makes google index much more powerful, more flexible and lot more robust. In theory, with caffeine update google can index lot more document and can easily unlock more power of the site. Ultimate rules for ranking stays the same which is great architecture, content, quality links etc. Here are few tools which shows you difference between normal google results and caffeine index. Feel free to watch Mattcutts video on Caffeine Index and Refer to his blog.
Even though Google makes small changes to its algorithm all the time this change is going to be a major overhaul of Google’s algorithm – one that has not happened since 2006. In terms of search result displayed by the new algorithm, there may not be a significant difference to what we already see right now but the core difference of Caffeine lies under the hood. It will display search results faster than ever, help Google index web sites faster, provide real-time search results, among other things. Here are some of the tools that will give you a comparison of current Google’s results vs. results displayed by Caffeine.
A. Facesaerch Caffeine Compare:
- Enter your search query in search box
- You will get results from “old Google” and “new Caffeine”
Here, you can compare the both results side -by-side, on the same window.
B. Rank checking Tool:
- Go to: http://www.sembience.com/labs/google-caffeine-ranking
- Enter your URL, Keywords, and select the country.
- Click on “Get rating” button, you will get Google and Caffeine keyword ranking
C. Google vs. Google Caffeine
- Enter the query.
- You will able to see your results on the same window, in horizontal manner
D. Google.ie and Google.de vs Caffeine
- Go to: http://www.comparecaffeine.com/
- Tool allows comparing result “Google vs. Caffeine” in multiple languages: English, Irish, Deutsch, and UK.