Avoiding PPC Data Paralysis [SMX Advanced Seattle 2012]
Long Tail Keywords Management:
- Long tail keywords are very effective and can help drive more conversions and revenue at a lower cost.
- Use about 10 to 15% budget to test a few long tail keywords for your business.
- Please do not draw conclusions by running the long tail keywords for a month.
- Use historical data and analyze to see if the long tail keywords are converting.
- Have patience when working with long tail terms.
- Long tail keywords might drive less volume but can be used to drive additional niche customers and conversions
The best approaches for managing the campaigns are:
Analysis –> Optimization –> Investment
5 Main metrics that should be looked at other than conversions/leads
- Bounce Rate – A metric which is ignored a lot. SEO’s use this but important for paid search campaign manager to measure this metric.
- Average Page/Visit – How many pages does the visitor visit?
- Average Cost Per Page View
- Return Visitors – Visitors might come back and convert.
- Multi Channel Attribution
- Keywords should be monitored closely and historical data should be used before making decisions.
- Long tail keywords are very effective and should be used for additional opportunities
- First click data analysis is important. Majority of us give credit only to last click model.
Moderator: Matt Van Wagner, President, Find Me Faster
Q&A Moderator: Rob Bucci, Founder, STAT Search Analytics
Contributed by Justin Varghese, Sr. ROI Manager