Auditing PPC Campaigns [SMX Advanced Seattle 2012]
Main things to check and audit on a paid search campaign
1) Check campaign settings and use segmentation feature
2) Use competitive analysis tools (Skyfu.com) and see what keywords our paid search campaigns are missing.
3) Proper mix of match types (Broad, Phrase and Exact)
4) Proper usage of geo targeting and day parting
5) Ineffective landing pages
6) Ineffective ad copy
7) Lack of placement strategy on Google Content Network
8) Not using Ad Extension features
9) Proper usage of Ad Rotation
10) Not bidding for proper placement.
Use all the items mentioned above to make sure the campaigns are setup/optimized properly to generate good ROI.
SMX Advanced – Seattle June 06,2012
Moderator: Pamela Parker, Contributing Editor, Search Engine Land
Q&A Moderator: Brad Geddes, Founder, Certified Knowledge
Contributed by Justin Varghese, Sr. ROI Manager