What People Won’t Tell You about PPC/SEM
PPC is still relatively new to most of us; however it is a great targeted converting tool that can bring visitors/consumers/shoppers to your website.
Here are three areas to consider while creating and monitoring your PPC Ad-Groups.
- Keywords: Keywords more than 4 ‘tokens’ are given a bad quality score. Keep the keywords that you insert into each ad-group limited to the primary focus, too many keywords per AdCopy are bad. The keywords chosen for each ad-group should be relevant to the landing page that visitors will be taken to.
- Campaigns: Make sure your Ad is geared toward you primary focus/message that you want to get across. Create solid Ad-Copy Variations and make sure they are linked to the relevant landing pages. Each Ad should contain content that resembles the content on the directed landing page. Start out with a few small targeted Ad-Groups and expand once you start seeing returns.
- Tools: Gain competitive intelligence into your competition. Analyze your top competitor’s Ad-Groups, expand your keyword analysis & dig deeper to help your Ad-Groups perform just as well.
- Spyfu.com – look into landing pages of competitors.
- Compete.com (paid) – keyword analysis
- Quantcast.com – demographic based reporting.
Once you grasp the concept of creating and running a solid Ad-Campaign, expand and grow, look into what your top competitors are doing, and utilize the various tools available to enhance your own Ad-Groups.
Contributed by: Meredith Aylward, Milestone Internet Marketing