Are You Social Networking?
What’s the next wave in the world of search? Social Networking – A more personalized, connected experience. Now, in addition to relevant content and expert rank, the newest trend in search engines is based on socializing with people who are most relevant to your business online.
What is Social Networking?
A social network is a social structure made of nodes which are generally individuals or organizations. It indicates the ways in which they are connected through various social familiarities, ranging from casual acquaintances to close familiar bonds. In other words, Social Networking is a group of individuals with similar interests and business needs collecting together and sharing their feedback, experiences in an open internet-based community by providing reviews, experiences, feedback, tips, etc.
Read more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_network.
See some of the most popular social networking sites at:
Why Is Social Networking Becoming Successful?
The internet can often be a very impersonal medium of communication. Typically, before using a product or service, savvy surfers like to get unbiased opinions from people about their experience with that product/service – reading multiple reviews from other consumers before purchasing. Therefore, Social Networking makes it easier for you to communicate with a group of people who have similar interests in the same industry. That is why sites like Trip Advisor, Travel Blog, MySpace and Yahoo! Travel are so successful.
The Most Popular Social Networking Sites
Targeted towards mainly teenage and young adults, MySpace is a networking site that lets you create your own private community. You can share photos, journals, and find friends who have similar interests in the online community. According to MySpace, the website is an “online community that lets you meet with your friends.”
MySpace can help in:
– Single people who want to meet other singles
– Matchmakers who want to connect their friends with other friends
– Families who want to keep in touch – map your Family Tree
– Business people and co-workers interested in networking
– Classmates and study partners
– Anyone looking for long lost friends!
– Securing targeted demographic of online customers
Amazing Facts about MySpace
– Google found that the traffic and draw on MySpace (and other Fox Interactive Media properties) is so significant that it signed a deal to provide search services to MySpace and pay a minimum of $900 million in revenue sharing from 2007 through 2010.
– ComScore has at times listed MySpace as the sixth largest engine.
– MySpace has almost 100 million registered users.
– If you are looking to target a certain demographic of customers, you can use MySpace to place advertising, create a profile, or to promote yourself in front of selected group of online surfers.
Some other popular Social Networking sites are: Classmates.com, Friendster.com, Linkedinn.com, and Facebook.com. Check out the new list of 200 Social Networking site available online.
Social Book Marking -Tag You’re It !
Social Book Marking is a web-based service, where shared lists of user-created internet bookmarks are displayed. Social bookmarking sites generally organize their content using tags (words which can easily describe that page). Social bookmarking sites are an increasingly popular way to locate, classify, rank, and share internet resources through the practice of tagging.
Del.icio.us – Is Heaven for Organizing Your Bookmarks !
One of the things we all struggle with is how to effectively organize bookmarks. When you do as much reading online as I do, and it comes time to organizing interesting read articles, it is really a task of its own. I recently tried a social bookmarking website called Del.icio.us, and it really is. The primary use of Del.icio.us is to store your bookmarks online, allowing you to access the same bookmarks from any computer and add bookmarks from anywhere. On del.icio.us, you can use tags to organize and remember your bookmarks, which is a much more flexible system than folders. Check out www.Del.icio.us.com.
Here is quick post on how to use Del.icio.us to help promote your site, http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/showthread.php?threadid=13762.
Upcoming! In the next Milestone Newsletter, we will be covering more on Social Networking. In the mean time, try some Social Networking and share your experience with us: