Today’s 5 Ways to Optimize Facebook
Features such as Facebook like, places, deals, and custom landing pages help businesses establish brand awareness, reputation, and increase fan base. Here are five ways to optimize a Facebook business page:
- Like Button: this lets any user share your content with his or her friends on Facebook. When the user clicks the Like button on your website, an item appears in the user’s friends’ news feed with a backlink to your website.
- Facebook Places: uses a Facebook page to display your physical location and contact information. Users near your business can check-in to your Facebook Place, which again will become visible on their friends’ news feed.
- Facebook Deals: this compliments Places by providing deals and coupons. It gives businesses the opportunity to reward customers when they check in on Facebook Places, which helps generate awareness, increase traffic, build customer loyalty, and a great conversion tool to increase online booking.
- Custom Landing Tab (Fan Gate): Having a custom landing tab for non-fans can also be defined using call-to-action requests from Facebook.
- Facebook Branded Pages: Facebook Branded Pages can be configured to display a website application based preview of your business website. It gives the ability to share information across multiple social media channels.
As Facebook is currently challenging Google as the internet’s favorite search engine, these features on Facebook help improve organic ranking and businesses can increase brand relevancy simply by providing users familiar and trustworthy buttons to share.
Contributed by: Zaid Ramadan, SEO Specialist, Milestone Internet Marketing