Milestone Founder and President to Speak at SES Conference and Expo about Maximizing SEO Returns with User Generated Content
Santa Clara, CA – August 12, 2008 – Milestone Internet Marketing, Inc.’s Founder and President, Benu Aggarwal, will be holding two speaking engagements at the SES Conference & Expo held at the San Jose Convention Center from August 18 – 21.
Duplicate Content & Multiple Site Issues
August 20, 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
More and more site owners are concerned that they might get penalized accidentally or overtly because of duplicate content. If you run mirror sites, will search engines ban you? If you have listings that are similar in nature, is that an issue? What happens if you syndicate content through RSS and feeds? Will other sites be considered the “real” site and rob you of a rightful place in the search results? This session looks at the issues and explores solutions.
Maximizing SEO Returns with User Generated Content
August 20, 4:15p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
When your catalog has 200 million products, grows at $3M per week, and contains content created by users, how do you optimize it?
- Capture the long tail by balancing a user-contributed folksonomy with a site taxonomy that works for both searchers and search engines.
- Provide tools for users to SEO their own content and use the power of community to edit the retail site.
- Measure traffic, model SEO revenue, and track performance across multiple variables.
- With user-generated content, you are reaching customers who are ready to buy and customers who are participating in a community.
- Learn how to maximize SEO returns by developing an SEO strategy that satisfies both markets at all phases of the buying cycle and scales to huge sites.