123people.com as Marketing Research Tool
This convenient website allows the user to type in the name of a person or business, and draw from a variety of sources, all the different places the person or business appears. The resulting consolidated report includes but not limited to the following:
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Web links
- Blog posts
- News articles
- Product offerings (i.e. items on sale at Amazon)
By using this tool, the user can see how your hotel is positioned in the marketplace – good, bad, reputable, slipshod, etc. It provides insight as to what the consumer really thinks when considering that hotel. 123people.com also highlights the service offerings for which consumers are looking, and perhaps, for which web pages should be optimize more heavily.
Here’s how it works:
- Enter: Type in the name of the hotel. Here, I am doing research for Nickelodeon Family Suites, also known as Nickelodeon Hotel. The results include 25 weblinks, 16 blogs, and 20 documents.
- Scroll: Here, I get a general sense of the current press coverage and what people are saying about the hotel.
- Draw your conclusion: I conclude that consumers, when thinking about Nickelodeon hotel, want to know the following:
a. Day care providers (refer to weblink: Childcare providers in Nickelodeon Hotel)
b. Discounts (refer to blog: Anyone staying at Nickelodeon Hotel soon?)
c. Water parks (refer to news: Just Add a Water Park, and Watch Revenue Climb)
d. Themed rooms (refer to document: Room with a Toon)
- Act: I would suggest to the client to leverage the Guest Reviews page by adding more reviews. Also, stress the importance of can continuously updating my Manager’s Special page, and highlight the unique offering of a premier water park and themed rooms. And, the client should consider purchasing additional web pages, and optimize 1 for day care services.
123people.com is a convenient way to consolidate marketing research tools. The user can stay updated to the latest talks about his hotel to make sure the brand is positioned well in the market. With this website, the hotelier can leverage the service offerings consumers want. At the same time, improve on weaker service offerings so to meet consumer demand. This tool provides the hotelier feedback without having to directly ask for it.
Contributed by: Nelson Toriano, Milestone Internet Marketing