Using Social Media to Build Fruitful Relationships with Hotel Guests – Educational Session
Leave your feedback and get a complementary copy of the “Local Ranking Factor” chapter from our From Hotels to HTMLs book.
Event: Social Media Strategies for Travel – North America 2011
Session: Use Social Media to build Fruitful Relationships with Your Travel Customers
Date: Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Time: 2:00 – 3:30 pm
222 Mason Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
There is a huge variety in the quality and usefulness of travel company social media presences. Social media is fundamentally a conversation. And some brands on social networks just aren’t making conversation good enough to engage customers. Make sure that’s not your brand.
- Know, like, trust – Learn how to swap push marketing for ‘pull and stay’ – attracting your market towards you and then staying in front of them, so you’re always the logical choice
- Compelling content – what content do consumers find engaging?
- Choosing when to converse: You can’t talk to everyone – how do you identify the best people to engage with? Don’t interrupt the conversation – be a natural part of it!
- The voice behind the brand – reveal your brand personality through social media. Choose the right tone/engagement strategy to suit your brand
- Ghostwritten: Is it better to hire in an agency to run your social media presence and do the talking for you? What are the risks of this approach?
- Referrals from fans/followers – how can you make it easier for customers to talk about your brand positively?
- Understand how to measure “engagement scores”
- Monica Sullivan, VP Advertising, Harrah’s Entertainment
- Alexis Ohanian, Co-Founder (co-Founder Reddit), Hipmunk
- Linda Palermo, Chief Revenue Officer, Joie de Vivre
- Ann Nadeau, Corporate Director Marketing, Joie de Vivre
- Anil Aggarwal, CEO, Milestone Internet Marketing, Inc.
For more event info, click here.