Hospitality Website Design and Hosting Issues – PubCon 2011
Your choice of hospitality website design and hosting can minimize and eliminate many risks associated from the Internet.
What do you need to look for when you pick the best website host for SEO and SEM?
- Do you have local 24×7 engineering emergency support?
- How many live servers will my website be hosted on?
- What do you do to restore a web server that has crashed?
- Do you provide platform level support and monitoring?
- Ask for an example website and run through pagespeed.googlelabs.com
- Do not host your hospitality website on hosts that:
- Use shared IP addresses. This will cause multiple sites have the same IP address as you
- Host spam sites
- Host malware sites
Risks of IPv6:
- Implementation and misconfiguration
- Flooding attacks
- Dual stack attacks
- Spoofing attacks
- Header manipulation and fragmentation
- David Vogelpohl
- Scott Hendison
- Ralf Schwoebel
- Michael David