Doing Check-ins and Offers Right – SMX West 2012
Check-ins and social offers can be great for raising awareness, gaining new customers and boosting loyalty among existing customers. This session of SMX West 2012 explores the mechanics of check-ins and offers, when they’re appropriate for a business (and when not) and identifies the key players.
How are location based apps useful for a business?
- Attracts new customers
- Rewards best customers
- Create Specials
- Offer valuable and information tips – Try leaving tips and see help customers get information
- Increase business
- Increase revenue
Why is it important?
- Smartphone sales increasing
- 23 check-ins per sec
- Integrates with Facebook and Twitter
- Venue and locations rank on search results
- Backlink and Name, Address, Phone (NAP) citations
- Review rank
Best tips for location based services through check-in channels
- Identify Goals – What is your end goal?
- Setup – Setup location information on all channels like Yelp, Foursquare etc
- Establish presence
- Review – Respond to reviews and appreciate feedback from customers
- Monitor – Monitor, monitor, monitor
- Reply – Reply to customers feedback
- Adjust – Adjust campaigns and offers according to demand and response
- Repeat – Repeat the whole process
- Social Media Integration – Since a customer can share location information on Facebook and Twitter, it is important to have active accounts.
- Marketing to new or existing customer
- Can you afford the deal you are considering
- Can you ensure high quality deal delivery
- What will you do with the new exposure
- What is the lifetime value of your average customer?
Setup, claim and optimize locations/venue on all relevant channels and add check-in offers and deals to attract more customers and also engage with them.
Moderator: Greg Sterling
Contributed by Justin Varghese, ROI Manager