21 Secrets to Top Converting Websites
Brian Eisenberg, SES Advisory Board, gave the top 21 things we can do to improve conversions on a website. Some of the tips are very basic which we might overlook when building a website. The secrets are:
1. Establishing credibility on every landing page – The Ad or the Banner might have an offer but when user visits the landing page, the offer is missing.
2. Landing page has a good offer but when the user goes to the checkout process the offer disappears.
3. The ad, landing page and the checkout should always have the offer to build trust in the user.
4. Maintain the scent – The design on the banner and the landing page has to be consistent.
5. First Impression always counts – Impress the user with a neat and clean design.
6. Appeal to multiple personas – Don’t focus only on one user type.
7. Don’t test multiple things at one time.
8. Have reviews on the website to build more user trust.
9. Clear and Simple Navigation.
10. Use social media to promote website.
11. Every website should have a feedback section.
12. All the forms must be engaging the user and not confusing.
13. Give price and quality assurance where ever you can.
14. Try selling on the Thank you page also.
15. Get back to the client with offers and specials.
16. E-mail Preview – Make sure that the email template is readable.
17. Review customers’ feedback and make improvements.
18. Analyze all the problems and prioritize.
19. Test design elements one at a time.
20. Analyze web traffic to know bounce rates.
21. Act fast and execute rapidly.
Conclusion: For better conversions, focus on all the different elements on a website. Websites convert if we pay attention to Content, Landing pages, Design, Images, Reviews on the website, and Traffic.
Contributed By: Justin Varghese